Terms of Agreement
Code of Conduct
In using this Service, you must behave in a civil and respectful manner at all times. Further, you will not:
- Act in a deceptive manner by, among other things, impersonating any person;
- Harass or stalk any other person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute "spam";
- Collect information about others; or
- Advertise or solicit others to purchase any product or service within the Site (unless you are an official partner or advertiser and have a written agreement with us).
The Site owner has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor all conduct on and content submitted to the Service.
REGISTRATION: To fully use the the Service, you must register as a member by providing a user name, password, and valid email address. You must provide complete and accurate registration information and notify us if your information changes. If you are a business, government, or non-profit entity, the person whose email address is associated with the account must have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement.
USER NAME: We encourage you to use your real name. If you are a business, government, or non-profit entity, you must use the actual name of your organization. You may not use someone else's name, a name that violates any third party right, or a name that is obscene or otherwise objectionable.
ACCOUNT SECURITY: You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including any activity by unauthorized users. You must not allow others to use your account. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your password. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after using the Service.
You may not upload, post, or transmit (collectively, "submit") any video, image, text, audio recording, or other work (collectively, "content") that:
- Infringes any third party's copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Contains sexually explicit content or pornography (provided, however, that non-sexual nudity is permitted);
- Contains hateful, defamatory, or discriminatory content or incites hatred against any individual or group;
- Exploits minors;
- Depicts unlawful acts or extreme violence;
- Depicts animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent schemes, multi level marketing (MLM) schemes, get rich quick schemes, online gaming and gambling, cash gifting, work from home businesses, or any other dubious money-making ventures; or Violates any law.
Restrictions. Except as expressly and unambiguously authorized under these Terms, you may not (i) use the Services, API or other tools, services, media, applications or content provided by Medium in order to create any product or service that permits the linking or display of media, competes with or is intended to replace the Services; or (ii) copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile (except to the limited extent expressly authorized by applicable statutory law), modify or alter any part of the Services or API.
Third Party Media.
- Give credit where credit is due. You should always link back to the original piece Third Party Media when possible.
- All Third Party Media is the property of the respective third parties. You agree and covenant to obtain all rights from owners of Third Party Media necessary for you to link to or display such Third Party Media.
- If you are the owner of Third Party Media and believe that your rights are being violated by a user of the Services, please contact that user directly and also notify us of the misuse so that we may elect to take appropriate action against that user. Any such notice should be in compliance with our Copyright Policy.
- We do not control the availability of Third Party Media. Medium is not responsible if Third Party Media is unavailable or disappears entirely.
- We are just an intermediary. As an intermediary linking to Third Party Media, Media provides a distribution channel and is not responsible for material being distributed. We do not monitor the Third Party Media that is linked or displayed using the Service. We take no responsibility for and do not endorse the content of any Third Party Media or the effect that the display of Third Party Media may have on you
Contact Us. If you have any questions concerning these Terms, or if you would like to contact us for any other reason, please email Support at [email protected]